Starting in 2015, we have joined other campus entities in the effort to prevent sexual violence on campus and create a supportive environment for survivors. Originally founded at Southern Methodist University, chapters of Not On My Campus have been developed nationwide.
We are connected by our passion for UT and our desire to make a difference within our campus community and throughout the world. We have experienced, either directly or indirectly, the devastating effects of sexual assault on our campus. It is time to take responsibility for our student culture. Through education, advocacy, and support, we must end the silence around sexual assault and engage fellow Longhorns in conversations about our collective and personal responsibility to prevent sexual assault.
What We've Achieved
● Received endorsements from several members of the UT football team as well as former
head coach Mack Brown
● Endorsed by the Vice-President of Student Affairs and President Fenves
● Received over 2,200 followers on Facebook
● Met with Gloria Steinem to discuss sexual violence prevention
● Sent UT students to testify on state legislation relating to rape kit backlogs and sexual violence
● Had 2000+ students sign the Not On My Campus UT Pledge
● Created a comprehensive peer education program, training over 150 students from 35
student organizations in one year
● Hosted an advocacy training with former State Senator Wendy Davis, 4 state legislators,
and the Texas Association Against Sexual Assault
● Became an active member of the Interpersonal Violence Prevention Coalition
● Participated in the 2017 Round Up for Consent Campaign